The Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences offers four main undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Computing and Mathematical Sciences with Honours (BCMS(Hons))
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BE(Hons)) - Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Design (BDes)
There are several ways you can gain admission to study at the University of Waikato: University Entrance, Admission at Entrance Level or with Credit from Previous Study, Discretionary Entrance and Special Admission.
Find out more about the general entry requirements for Bachelor degrees.
Opportunities for High Achievers
The Faculty assists high achieving school leavers wishing to study at the University of Waikato by offering:
- Challenge exams which, if passed, provide credit for key papers in computer science, mathematics and statistics, and earn direct entry to 200 level papers;
- First year scholarships through the Computer Science Scholarship Exam and also for an outstanding statistics, mathematics and design student;
- Prizes awarded by the Dean for the top 10 students in Levels 100, 200 and 300;
- Opportunities for excellent undergraduates to work during the summer in research labs; and
- Summer School papers to assist those wanting to accelerate their progress through a degree.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The Faculty of Computing & Mathematical Sciences offers challenge exams that give outstanding students credit for 100 level papers in Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics. By passing the exams, high-achieving students can be given direct access to some 200 level papers. Find out more.
The Faculty of Computing & Mathematical Sciences offers a number of undergraduate scholarships, awards and prizes. Find out more