Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL gives students the opportunity to reduce the amount of time required to achieve a University level qualification by recognising learning that has not been taken towards a formal qualification.
- Find out more about the papers currently available for recognition of prior learning through the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences.
How to apply for RPL
- Students will be required to complete an application form on which they must detail information to support their application for RPL.
- Information should include detail of activities undertaken which have contributed to the student’s learning in the area for which they are requesting RPL. For example, the development of personal web pages may have involved some investigation into the use of different web tools (e.g. HTML) and their application.
- RPL Applications must be submitted to the RPL Coordinator at the Credit Office (see address below) for initial processing.
- The Application Form must be submitted with the $50 Application Fee to cover the costs of administrative processing. Read more
The School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences will make an assessment of the application based on the information provided by the student. In some situations, the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences staff will contact the student to request additional information or to discuss their application.
RPL Challenge Examinations
The Student Centre
Student and Academic Services
University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105
Phone: +64 7 838-4466 ext. 7750
Fax: +64 7 838-4254