Technical Support Group
The role of the Technical Support Group - Zone1 (ITS) in the Faculty of Computing and Mathematical Sciences includes:
- Design, development, implementation and support of the Faculty's computing and network infrastructure.
- Overseeing and maintaining a secure computing environment.
- Providing support and assistance to staff and students.
- Administration of student accounts.
The TSG skill sets include expertise in:
- System administration of Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems.
- Software products, from a variety of vendors as well as many GNU-licensed and open source software vendors. The TSG also contribute back to some of these GNU-licensed and other "free" software projects.
- Analysis and software development in a variety of programming languages and environments.
- Network design and implementation.
- Computer hardware diagnosis and repair.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to request assistance.